How to buy
All lots for auction can be viewed on our website.
All works can be seen during the viewing days before the auction
During your visit you can verify the condition and nature of the lots of your interest. If you can not attend our viewing days, you can still request additional information and pictures.
- Be present in the room to bid live on the auction day.
- Bid live online during the auction through our partner Invaluable
- Register with us, so we can call you to bid live during the sale.
- Leave a commission bid.
- The sale is conducted by:BVBA Kunst in de kerk Veiling Maison JulesAddress: Dampoortsraat 63 – 71 Ghent, Belgium
VAT: BE 0536.371.693
Bankaccount: ING BE09 3631 2154 2757
- Sales are conducted by auction according to the Belgian law.
- Payments for lots must be done within 5 working days after the last day of auction. Amounts from €3.000 can ony be paid by means of bank transfer or card payment (only maestro payments no credit cards)
- Bidding increments are:
- 0-100 Euro: + 10 Euro
- 100- 300 Euro: + 20 Euro
- 300-700 Euro: + 50 Euro
- 700-2000 Euro: + 100 Euro
- 2000-5000 Euro: + 200 Euro
- 5000-20000 Euro: + 500 Euro
Sales commission is 23%. For bids received through our partners Invaluable this is 26%. In addition there is an administration fee of 3 euro per lot. Sales commission has to be paid by the buyer.
- Goods are sold “as is” at the moment of adjudication.
- All statements made by the auctioneer be it in writing, digitally or be it orally, are not to be relied on as statements of fact. They are only an opinion, given to the best of our knowledge and are for guidance only. The buyer is due to verify the condition of the goods by personal inspection. As a result, after the adjudication no complaint will be accepted.
- After adjudication the buyer is responsible for his/her purchases. During or after the auction goods can not be collected unless the auctioneer exceptional decides otherwise.
- Every buyer needs to provide identification. A bidding number must be acquired during the viewing days and before the auction. Identification measures are a copy of your passport or identity document and a transcription of your personal contact details (email, phonenumber)
- Each person is assumed to bid on his own account. Bids are binding contracts. The auctioneer has the right to refuse biddings, change the order of the sale of the lots, withdraw lots or combine lots.
- Any dispute occurring during the auction can only be resolved by the acting bailiff/notary. His or her decision is definite and irrevocable.
- The international rules on copyright law (droit de suite) obliges us to require an extra premium on the hammer price of original works of art made by still living artists, or within seventy years after his or her decease. The premium is required only on hammer prices from €2.000. The premium is 4%.
- Collection of purchases is only possible after the auctioneer has received full payment. Collection dates will be announced individually per auction and are also available on request. It is the buyer’s duty to inquire about collection options. Goods not collected during the pre-arranged collection periods, will be subject to a storage fee of 10 euro a week.
- The auctioneer can not be held responsible in case of disfunctioning of the available communication channels and any consequences related to this, nor from unavailability on the bidders’ side.
- Foreign buyers will need to identify themselves in full at least two days before the auction. If necessary, a bank guarantee can be asked which will serve as a guarantee in case of non-payment.
- In case of non-payment the lots will be put up for sale in another sale. The non-paying bidder will be obliged to reimburse the difference in case of a lower hammer price, according to Belgian law. He will not have any claims over the possible difference above the original hammer price.. He will also need to cover all costs related to the re-offering.
- By taking part in our sales any person agrees to these conditions, be it directly through us or through one of our partner Invaluable
- Any arising dispute shall only be governed by the Belgian law and only the justice court in Ghent, Belgium, can deal with these disputes.
We can arrange your shipping for most of the objects. Please don’t hesitate to ask if shipping is possible and if so a quote before the auction.
For larger shipments, usually freight and crating, by air or sea transport, please get in touch with one of the shippers.