How to buy
All lots for auction can be viewed on our website.
All works can be seen during the viewing days before the auction or as regards the onlien auctions ‘Silent Sales’ the objects can be viewed during the opening hours of the auction house Maison Jules – BVBA Kunst in de kerk.
During your visit you can verify the condition and nature of the lots of your interest. If you can not attend our viewing days, you can still request additional information:condition report and pictures.
- Be present in the room to bid live on the auction day.
- Bid live online during the auction through our partner Invaluable
- Register with us, so we can call you to bid live during the sale.
- Leave a commission bid.
- Silent Sales: Live bidding during the term of the auction of teh lot
- The sale is conducted by: BVBA Kunst in de kerk – Auctionhouse Maison Jules Address: Dampoortsraat 63 – 71 Ghent, Belgium
VAT: BE 0536.371.693
Bankaccount: ING BE09 3631 2154 2757
- Sales are conducted by auction according to the Belgian law.
- Payments for lots must be done within 5 working days after the last day of auction. Amounts from €3.000 can ony be paid by means of bank transfer or card payment (only maestro payments no credit cards)
- Bidding increments are:
- 0-50 Euro: + 5 Euro
- 50-100 Euro: + 10 Euro
- 100- 300 Euro: + 20 Euro
- 300-700 Euro: + 50 Euro
- 700-2000 Euro: + 100 Euro
- 2000-5000 Euro: + 200 Euro
- >5000 Euro: + 500 Euro
- Sales commission is 23%. For online bids received through our partner platform Invaluable this is 30%. In addition there is an administration fee of 3 euro per lot. For the ‘Silent Sales’ only the sales commission of 30% applies. The sales commission has to be paid by the buyer.
- Goods are sold “as is” at the moment of adjudication.
- All statements made by the auctioneer be it in writing, digitally or be it orally, are not to be relied on as statements of fact. They are only an opinion, given to the best of our knowledge and are for guidance only. The buyer is due to verify the condition of the goods by personal inspection during the viewing days organised by the auctionhouse before the auction. The goods of the ‘Silent Sales’ can be viewed during the openings hours of the auction house on request . As a result, after the adjudication no complaint will be accepted. Each visitor is responsible for the damage that he causes to the exposed objects and items, even if it happened coincidentally or involuntarily. Similarly, the provisions of article 2280 of the Civil Code apply to this auction.
- After adjudication the buyer is responsible for his/her purchases. During or after the auction goods can not be collected unless the auctioneer exceptional decides otherwise. The damage caused during the removal or displacement of items are at the charge and risk of the purchaser and this from the moment the good/lot is assigned to the buyer.
- Every buyer needs to provide identification. A bidding number must be acquired during the viewing days and before the auction. Identification measures are a copy of your passport or identity document and a transcription of your personal contact details (email, phonenumber)
- Each person is assumed to bid on his own account. Bids are binding contracts. The auctioneer has the right to refuse biddings, change the order of the sale of the lots, withdraw lots or combine lots.
- Any dispute occurring during the auction can only be resolved by the acting bailiff/notary. His or her decision is definite and irrevocable.
- The international rules on copyright law (droit de suite) obliges us to require an extra premium on the hammer price of original works of art made by still living artists, or within seventy years after his or her decease. The premium is required only on hammer prices from €2.000. The premium is 4%.
- Collection of purchases is only possible after the auctioneer has received full payment. Collection dates will be announced individually per auction and are also available on request. It is the buyer’s duty to inquire about collection options. Goods not collected during the pre-arranged collection periods, will be subject to a storage fee of 12.1 euro’s per lot and per week.
- Refund: In case for whatever reason, BVBA Kunst in de kerk has to refund the payment no interests can be charged. If the goods where shipped the shipping costs will not be refund.
- The auctioneer can not be held responsible in case of disfunctioning of the available communication channels and any consequences related to this, nor from unavailability on the bidders’ side.
- Foreign buyers will need to identify themselves in full at least two days before the auction. If necessary, a bank guarantee can be asked which will serve as a guarantee in case of non-payment.
- In case of non-payment the lots will be put up for sale in another sale. The non-paying bidder will be obliged to reimburse the difference in case of a lower hammer price, according to Belgian law. He will not have any claims over the possible difference above the original hammer price.. He will also need to cover all costs related to the re-offering.
- Maison Jules can provide shipping of the items through Local Shipping Company or Fedex. Packaging is done very carefully but the responsibility of any damage during transport remains with the buyer of the lots. It is the buyer who has to take care of insurance of the goods from the moment he has bought them up to the moment of delivery. Maison Jules (BVBA Kunst in de kerk) takes no responsibility in this. If only for commercial reasons Maison jules asks the shipping company for intervention because of damage during the transport, the buyer has to provide pictures of the package, opened package, damages within 5 days of receipt.
- By taking part in our sales any person agrees to these conditions, be it directly through us or through one of our partner Invaluable
- All disputes over the sale fall, as appropriate, under the exclusive competence of the courts of Ghent, regardless of the domicile of the parties. In case these terms and conditions are a translation, the Dutch text will prevail.
Please don’t hesitate to ask if shipping is possible and if so a quote before the auction.